To provide a community-based organization with the purpose of protecting children, preserving families and providing needs based services, either directly or through referral to strengthen and support families in order to increase their capacity to function independently and self sufficiently.
The Family Services Center provides a wide range of services to children and their caregivers as well as single adults, the handicapped, and the elderly population, Hours of services are 8:00 – 5:00, Monday through Thursday and 8:00 – 3:30 on Friday.
Membership and Grants
The Family Services Center is a member of the following associations:
- Alabama Association of Nonprofits – http://alabamanonprofits.org/
- Voices for Alabama’s Children – http://alavoices.org/data/alabama-kids-count/
- Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce – http://ww.calhounchamber.com/
- Homeless Coalition of Northeast Alabama (HCNEA)
- Children’s Policy Council of Calhoun County
The Family Services Center receives grants from the following agencies:
- Alabama Department of Human Resources (FP 2012-100-05 #4103 & ECA FOCUS 2012-100-100-04 #4116) – http://dhr.alabama.gov
- Alabama Department of Economic Development – LETS (13-VA-UN-005) http://adeca.alabama.gov/
- Children’s Trust Fund of Alabama (CFTF 2015-308) – http://www.ctf.state.al.us/
- City of Anniston – http://yourcommunityfirst.org/
- Alabama Business Charitable Trust Fund